Eddie the Yeti here again and I’m back with some tips to help you get a better night’s sleep! If you have sleep apnea you know how precious a good night’s sleep can be. Below are my top tips to ensure that you have the best night’s sleep with or without sleep apnea.
- Avoid napping during the day. It can disturb the normal pattern of sleep and wakefulness.
- Avoid stimulants such as caffeine, nicotine, and alcohol too close to bedtime. While alcohol is well known to speed the onset of sleep, it disrupts sleep quality as the body begins to metabolize the alcohol, causing arousal.
- Exercise can promote good sleep. Vigorous exercise should be performed in the morning or late afternoon. A relaxing exercise, like yoga, can be done before bed to help initiate a restful night’s sleep.
- Avoid having large meals close to bedtime. Dietary changes can also cause sleep problems. And remember, chocolate has caffeine.
- Ensure adequate exposure to natural light. Light exposure helps maintain a healthy sleep-wake cycle.
- Establish a regular, relaxing bedtime routine. Try to avoid emotionally upsetting conversations and activities before trying to go to sleep. Don’t dwell on, or bring your problems to bed.
- Associate your bed with sleep. It’s not a good idea to use your bed to watch TV, listen to the radio, or read.
If you can follow these simple tips then you should see an improvement in your sleep!
Sleep well - Sleep Yeti
If you’re looking for sleep apnea machines, masks or supplies, you’ve come to the right place! Sleep Yeti is Proudly Canadian and offers all the top brands without the abominable cost! Whether you’re sleeping at home or roughing it in the Himalayas, Sleep Yeti has you covered for all your sleep needs!